Here we can learn the installation of WiFi drivers in debian
Yeah I have issue in installation of WiFi drivers.when I booted my system to Linux can anyone say how to install WiFi drivers
Yes you can install the wifi drivers in your system
1.update your source list.
2.Open terminal and use the command:$ lspci in the terminal
3.you can see the network which is there in your system
4. Copy the network used in your system and paste the it in browser(add a word that how to install wifi drivers ).
5.follow the command given there .
6. Reboot your system and then check wifi drivers are installed are not.
This may help the people who are facing WiFi Drivers issue in HP laptops.
1.To Check the list of drivers installed on your Linux PC use this command :- $
2.If you find any RTL drivers in list, then Download your pc compatible drivers in pc and follow as below steps.
For example : RTL8723DE drivers
- Make sure you have git installed. You can install git using apt install git or through synaptic/software manager. If you want to use dkms to make and install the driver, make sure that dkms also is installed. You can download and install using below commands, in a terminal:
sudo apt update && sudo apt install git dkms
- The RTL8723DE driver is in the git extended branch. So,
Open a terminal:
git clone -b extended --single-branch https://github.com/lwfinger/rtlwifi_new.git unofficial
Now, either you can run:
sudo make install
OR use dkms to build and manage the modules:
sudo dkms add ../rtlwifi_new
sudo dkms build rtlwifi-new/0.6
sudo dkms install rtlwifi-new/0.6
sudo modprobe -v rtl8723de ant_sel=2
^^ That should work. If firmware error is shown, reboot and will work. Make sure, you have linux-headers for the respective kernel(s) and build-essential packages installed.
For me, ant_sel=2 shows the maximum WiFi signal gain. So, I’ve added below lines in a separate conf file:
sudo /bin/sh -c 'echo "options rtl8723de ant_sel=2" >> /etc/modprobe.d/rtl8723de.conf'
thank q bro it has really helped me a lot at the time of Installation of WIFI drivers … i tryed it for 12 hours hardly to install it
I am trying to install drivers for a “RTL8811CU” but couldn’t find a way to do so,
I clone from here “https://github.com/brektrou/rtl8821CU”
in the package dir i did “make”, but there are errors
plz help, i am a NOOB
- The Operating system
- The kernel Version
- The error that you have got while building the file
We can also install the Debian wifi drivers directly from debian wiki. I have installed like that only.
Yeah the wiki has most of the instructions for Wireless drivers. Building from source is pointless especially when non-free repo of debian is full of these wireless drivers.